BLOG POST 10: LARGE LIFE-DRAWING SIZE WORK FOR ANNIHILATION AND CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

 




The feedback from my tutor Mack Manning encouraged me to use my drawings as final outcomes rather than view them as solely a medium for preliminary sketches and planning. This proved to be undeniably useful; not only in pushing me to make a novel body of mature and realised drawings but also in terms of boosting my confidence and belief in my technical drawing skills.

I created an amalgam of large, A2 and A1 arm, elbow and wrist drawings making use of all my limbs and joints. In order to capture the essence of the physical process which comes with printmaking, for which I have a passion. I put all my effort and body into the drawings, inspired by the physically all-encompassing drawing methods taught by my tutor Mack Manning during life drawing classes in Years 1 and 2.



JAKE AND DINOS CHAPMAN AS INSPIRATION FOR EXQUISITE CORPSE DRAWING EXPERIMENTATION. 






EDVARD MUNCH - Figures stood resolute in front of a large expanse of forest/vegetation - reminiscent of scenes from Annihilation when the main protagonists stand before the shimmering forest.






For these drawings, I used mediums such as chalk, Chinese drawing ink, oil, water, home-made bamboo dip pens and long 1-meter self-constructed ink brushes inspired by Matisse. The drawings involved a process of sectioning the paper into areas of different drawing and mark-making, ranging from atavistic and dynamic, to more controlled, delicate and sensitive. This enabled me to create a body of work that pushed the boundaries of my drawing and the use of these novel materials such as oil enabled me to make new, exciting marks. 









DESIGN DEVELOPMENT AND POSTER RENDERING
































CLOSE ENCOUNTERS 





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG POST 4: ALIEN

BLOG POST 2: BRIEF PLANS/PROPOSALS